Saturday, July 21, 2007

Linksys support chat

Linksys support 1: Hi, my name is Linksys support 1.
How may I help you?
You: Hi, I'm using a wrt54g an have lately some problems that the internet connection is dropped. I use Vista Ultmate but also my XP machine has the same problem. Figured out that when I reset to factory defaults connection is restored. Problem keeps coming back after some time mostly after reboot.
Linksys support 1: Do you know what firmware version is currently being used on the router?
You: v4.30.9. After this firmware flash product id changed to WRT54GL. I 'm not using any Open Source firmware. This is only original published Linksys firmware
Linksys support 1: Please look at the bottom of the product for the FCC IDYou: q87-wrt54gv2
Linksys support 1: Is the issue with the wired and wireless computer?
You: Mainly with the wired connection. Wireless is not an issue
Linksys support 1: Did you try hard reset and reconfigure the router?
You: Yes i tried this.
Linksys support 1: Can you confirm the firmware version of router?You: v4.30.9
Linksys support 1: I see.*****

Linksys support 1 Has Disconnected
Session 2
You: Hi Sam

Linksys support 2: Thank You for Contacting Linksys Live Chat Support. My name is Sam, How may I help you today?
You: Hi, I'm using a wrt54g an have lately some problems that the internet connection is dropped. I use Vista Ultmate but also my XP machine has the same problem. Figured out that when I reset to factory defaults connection is restored. Problem keeps coming back after some time mostly after reboot.
Linksys support 2: Before we begin, I need to ask a few questions that will help me assist you better.
You: Firmware is v4.30.9. After this firmware flash product id changed to WRT54GL. I 'm not using any Open Source firmware. This is only original published Linksys firmware
Linksys support 2: Okay.
Linksys support 2: May I know which Country are you based in?
You: Netherlands
You: FCC ID is q87-wrt54gv2
Linksys support 2: Okay.
Linksys support 2: Thank you for the information.
Linksys support 2: So the model number of the router is WRT54G v2, right?
You: Yes correct
Linksys support 2: And you have installed the firmware of WRT54GL, right?
You: I was not aware of this. I 'm pretty sure that it was firmware for the WRT54G. But after the flash it indicated an extra L.
Linksys support 2: It seems that you have installed the firmware of WRt54GL. Linksys support 2: However we can try to install the firmware of WRT54G v2 and that may resolve the issue.
You: OK i'm familliar with the procedure. Do you have the link of the firmware for download ?
Linksys support 2: Yes.
Linksys support 2: Kindly download the firmware from the following link. ***** URL Received: http://www.linksys.com/servlet/Satellite?c=L_CASupport_C2&childpagename=US%2FLayout&cid=1166859837401&pagename=Linksys%2FCommon%2FVisitorWrapper&lid=3740137314B270&displaypage=download#versiondetail
You: OK Sam, thanks , I'will flash it and we will see. Is this a downgrade firmware ?
Linksys support 2: Peter, one more thing.
You: Yes?
Linksys support 2: You also need to reset the router after firmware upgrade.
You: Hard reset I presume ?
Linksys support 2: Yes.

Linksys support 2:
1. Press and hold the reset button for 30 seconds.
2. Then, unplug the power keep holding down the reset button for another 30 Seconds.
3. Plug back the power back in, and keep holding down the reset button for 30 Seconds.
4. Release the reset button.
You: OK thanks.
You: Have a nice day
Linksys support 2: Welcome.

Linksys support 2: Be sure to visit our Knowledge Base located at http://www.linksys.com/kb. The site contains troubleshooting tips, how-to instructions, as well as solutions to common issues relating to all Linksys products.
Linksys support 2: Thank you for giving us an opportunity to serve you through Live Chat Support. For your records, a transcript of this chat session will be e-mailed to you. Feel free to contact us if you require further assistance. Thank you for choosing Linksys and have a great day!

Update 26-8-2007

All this didn't solve the problem and i decided to buy a new router. Went for a cheap offer of a Netgear WGR614 v7.

End of problem.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails