Saturday, October 20, 2007

Problem with VSTO SE

I found some sourcecode of an interesting application , integrating Sharepoint, MS Office 2007 Powerpoint and VSTO SE.

http://www.apress.com/book/downloadfile/3491

I want to explore this sourcecode in order to investigate some alternatives for VBA Office code.

I'm running
- Vista Ultimate (Dutch language with English Language Pack installed)
- Visual Studio Standard (English)

Project doesn't open because of "project type not supported". Probably missing support for Web projects. Installing the additional software didn't solve the problem.


Installing VSTO SE doesn't work because of error "locale block", which has something to do with incompatible language versions.

My colleague at work mamaged to create a working environment. Have to check with him which versions he is running.

Update:

VSTO 2005 SE can be installed on top of any of the following versions of Visual Studio 2005:
Visual Studio 2005 Professional*
Visual Studio 2005 Team Suite
Visual Studio 2005 Team Edition for Software Architects
Visual Studio 2005 Team Edition for Software Developers
Visual Studio 2005 Team Edition for Software Testers
Visual Studio 2005 Tools for the Microsoft Office System

Seems I have to upgrade my Visual Studio.

Update

I installed Visual Studio 2005 Team Edition for Software Architects and everything works fine now and I was able to build the project.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails